What to Expect
- Skip the line to purchase the admission ticket to the Jewish town in Prague
- Learn the story of the Jewish community in Prague during the short introduction in English
- Explore the history of the Josefov Jewish Quarter
- Visit by yourself the most important synagogues in Prague such as Maisel, Pinkas, Spanish, and Klausen Synagogues
- Visit one of the oldest surviving Jewish burial grounds in the world - the Old Jewish Cemetery
Experience in detail
With this ticket, you will explore the Jewish Quarter of Prague and get an overview of the area's history and modern life.
You will meet your guide at our office GET PRAGUE GUIDE at Maiselova 5, Prague 1 (the office is located just a few steps from the Masiel synagogue), who will give you an admission ticket and give you a short introduction to the Jewish quarter. During this 20-minute introduction, you will join the guide for a little walk. The guide will show you the entrance to synagogues and to the Jewish cemetery and will explain to you how to visit the other sites inside the ghetto.
Once the introduction is over you will go and visit the Jewish ghetto at your own pace.
Thanks to this ticket you will look inside the main Synagogues in the area, go to the Old Jewish Cemetery, and visit the Ceremonial Hall and a Gallery, where you will find temporary exhibitions. The Maisel synagogue was erected in 1592 on the basis of a privilege granted by Emperor Rudolf II. Its founder was Mordecai Maisel, the Mayor of the Prague Jewish Town. Touch screens enable visitors to look through old Hebrew manuscripts and view historical maps of Jewish settlements. You will also get a chance to see the impressive interior of the Spanish Synagogue. Where is also located permanent exhibition: Jews in the Bohemian Lands, 19th-20th Centuries. This exhibition deals with the history of the Jews in the Bohemian lands from the reforms of Joseph II in the 1780s to the period after the Second World War.
- Entrance ticket circuit 2: Old Jewish Cemetery / Spanish Synagogue / Maisel Synagogue / Pinkas Synagogue / Klausen Synagogue / Ceremonial Hall + temporary exhibitions in the Robert Guttmann gallery
- Small souvenir
- Extra discounts for the snack bar and souvenir shop
- Introduction in English for 20 min (The 20 minutes introduction is guaranteed in English, other languages are available according to the skills of the guide.)
What's Not Included
- Guide (except 20-minute long introduction)
- Entrance to the Old-New Synagogue