Tickets for Astronomical Clock Tower with 20 Minutes Introduction
Most important points
Meeting time / duration
09:35 AM (every day) / Ticket is valid for 1 day
English, French, Russian, Czech
See the famous 600-year-old Astronomical Clock and Skip the long lines. Traversing several levels of Astronomical Clock Tower enjoy spectacular views of the City of a Thousand Spires from the inside of the medieval Gothic-style clock tower.
What to Expect
- Get easily and quickly an admission ticket into the Astronomical Clock Tower
- Get a short introduction to the history, significance, and meaning of this remarkable piece of medieval engineering when you pick up your ticket
- See the famous 600-year-old Astronomical Clock and get the shortest way into the Astronomical Clock Tower
- Get spectacular views of the City of a Thousand Spires from the inside of the medieval Gothic-style clock tower
Experience in detail
Waiting in line to visit a clock is not necessary with our fast admission tickets. And be sure that this clock of 600-year-old marvel of medieval engineering is worth to visit. Our ticket gets you right to the front of the line, so you can visit the Gothic clock tower without any waiting and you can see the insides of the world's oldest operational astronomical clock as soon as possible. Meet your guide in front of the Astronomical Clock on Old Town Square to pick up your tickets. Rain or shine, the guide will be holding an open blue and white umbrella. While picking up the tickets you will get a 15 minutes introduction about the history and main information about the Tower so once you get there you will feel like you know the place.
Every hour a small trapdoor opens and Christ himself marches out, followed by his disciples. The Grim Reaper also rings a bell - checking to see whose time has come (unsurprisingly, everyone shakes their heads 'no'). There are also planetary motion, the zodiac and more on the clock - and 75% of its parts are original - like from-the-15th-century original. With your tickets, you'll get to skip the lines and take the stairs or an elevator up the tower. From there you'll have amazing views over the Old Town Square and the rest of Prague's Old Town. On your way back down to Prague, you can think about the staying power of this clock. It's an appropriate occasion to call to mind the words of English essayist Henry Austin Dobson: Time goes, you say? Ah no! Alas, Time stays, we go. That ought to encourage you to make the most of your time in Prague.
- Skip-the-line for buying an admission ticket into the Astronomical Clock Tower
- Introduction (in English) about your admission ticket and orientation
- Tour guide